If you’re sexually active, you need to tell your sexual partner(s) about the HIV infection so that they can be tested.
- Seek regular medical evaluation and follow-up
- Counseling and psychological support
- Develop an ongoing and open relationship with a health care provider
- Access to good nutrition, safe water and basic hygiene
- Never share injection equipment or personal hygiene items like razors or toothbrushes
- Always practice safe sexual procedures and activities to avoid spreading the virus
- Always using condom for vaginal, oral or anal sex.
- Do not donate blood, semen (sperm) or body organs