The National AIDS Control Council (NACC) is charged with accountability for HIV and AIDS results in Kenya. To strengthen evidence for HIV programming and access to research information and knowledge, NACC with support from stakeholders has established the Kenya HIV, SRH and co-morbidities Research Hub dubbed ‘Maisha Maarifa Hub’.
Key functions of the Maisha Maarifa Hub
The Research Hub is an online-based site that will amalgamate information and promote evidence-based programming and policy formulation through research by:
- Availing research reports of studies in Kenya that may not have been drafted into peer-reviewed published manuscripts which often contain rich quality information that is not shared in any platform
- Providing updated information on ongoing HIV research to reduce duplication in protocol and proposal development among stakeholders
The Research Hub will be interactive in the following ways:
- Communities of practice will be established to provide a forum for deliberation on critical HIV-related research issues, debate and advise the NACC and other governmental agencies
- Partners & stakeholders will access the Hub and upload information as and when needed through an approval process
- The database will be open to partners and stakeholders subject to a set of guidelines, thus allowing researchers to interact on study and methodology.
The National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI) provided approval for NACC to collect data from Ethical Review Committee (ERCs) which is and continues to be updated.
Web Address of Maisha Maarifa Hub
The Maisha Maarifa Hub is an online platform that can be accessed through an internet enabled phone or laptop/PC with internet access.
The system can be accessed through the following web address: http://www.maishamaarifa.or.ke
LOGIN IN TO THE SYSTEM
Only partners who have registered to the portal and their registration details approved by NACC will be able to login to the system.
The registered partners will be able to upload their approved research work to the system and participate in online discussions within the communities of practice section. Non-registered partners will be able to access other services in the Hub.
THE MAISHA MAARIFA HUB HOMEPAGE