‘Empowering communities to effectively fight the AIDS pandemic’
The negative social and economic impacts of HIV/AIDS are increasingly severe. Many children whose parents have died of AIDS lack the basic necessities for survival. Traditional extended family care structures are overburdened and there is need for the community at large to set in and provide care and treatment for the infected and affected in the society. The community cannot offer this services if not empowered financially and educationally to combat the AIDS pandemic. Since NACC is not an implementing organ, it channels funds to the communities, thus empowering them to mitigate the social and economic impacts of HIV/AIDS and prevent further infections.
The National AIDS Control Council disburses funds to registered NGOs, CBOs, FBOs, Private Sector and Public Sector organizations
General Proposal Development Guidelines
A good proposal should have an executive summary, which gives a bird’s eye view of the problem, methods, activities and expected outcomes. The main body of the proposal should contain the following:
- Cover Page
- Title of the project
- Duration of the project
- Name of proposer/Institution/organization
- Contact Person
- Location of Project (Village, Sub-location, Location, Constituency, District, Province)
- Amount Requested
Executive Summary Page (Should not exceed half a page)
- Introduction: This section should give information on the proposing organization and its activities, relevant previous and current activities and the proposing organizations partners, networks and other collaborations.
- Background: The section covers pertinent literature review, statement of the problem and justification.
- Objectives (Goal, broad objectives, specific objectives): These should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time bound.
- Methodology: It should describe the following – geographical area, target population and/or project beneficiaries, procedures/strategies of implementation and data management and analysis (where applicable).
- Workplan: It should specify the project period, activities, timeline, responsible persons and costing.
- Budget (Detailed budget and justification).
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Discuss elements being monitored as well as follow up of activities and indicators.
- Institutional Capacity: Describe your management capacity, human resource capacity, organizational structure, fiduciary arrangements as well as your collaborators and networks.
- Accounting Capacity: What financial system (including banking details) do you have in place?
- Priority Area
- Potential Impact
Kenya has for a number of years now been a beneficiary of funding from the Global fund against Malaria, TB and HIVand AIDS. The country has once again been awarded the Global Fund Round 10 grant to cover Malaria and HIV and AIDSinterventions for the next five (5) years. The Global Fund Round 10 HIV and AIDS Project priority areas of focus are based onthe Kenya National AIDS Strategic Plan (KNASP III) 2009/10 – 2012/2013, which seeks to deliver a HIV free society in Kenyaby reducing new HIV infections, improving the quality of life of those infected and affected by HIV and AIDS, and mitigatingthe socio economic impact of the scourge